This step by step blog will show you how to use an Ironstone chamber pot and artificial pumpkins and florals to make a beautiful Fall centerpiece.
This centerpiece is a super simple, inexpensive, and beautiful. I was super proud of myself for this one because it is another one of those “trust the process” kinds of projects, so I was very doubtful until it was complete.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A vessel for your centerpiece – I chose an antique ironstone chamber pot. You could use anything that is relatively shallow. I found one similar using a dough bowl on Pinterest.
- A piece of floral foam for artificial flowers like this.
- Any Fall florals/greenery – I used a Fall floral spray pick from Joann and just used a wire cutter to cut it apart. It had mostly greenery and eucalyptus. The key is to make sure they are vining a bit so they will lay nicely over the edges of your centerpiece.
- Small faux pumpkins – I got mine from Joann.
- Mini Acorns and Pumpkins – I got mine from Joann.
1. Cut your piece of floral foam into random sizes to make it fit into your vessel.
It doesn’t need to cover every single bit, but you want to get as close as you can, like this:
2. Add in greenery/florals so that they vine over the sides of the vessel.
I started going around the edges of the piece of Ironstone like you’ll see below and then added just a few more to the middle. You do NOT want to add in all of your greenery/florals at this stage.
3. Put your larger pumpkins into the vessel.
I liked the look of one or two turned a little on their sides so that they didn’t look so perfectly placed. Remember, this is all about finding perfection in imperfection.
As you can see, some also sit higher than others. That is because when I put my floral foam in I didn’t cut it evenly. Embrace it! 😉
4. Start using the rest of your greenery/florals to fill in and cover up the floral foam you can still see.
At this stage, I also added some in the middle of the centerpiece between all four pumpkins.
5. Add in acorns & mini pumpkins
If you’re like me, you like the idea of neutral Fall decor. But then reality sets in and what is fall really without some COLOR? You can totally skip step 5 or you can just add in acorns or white mini pumpkins but I felt like I needed some orange. When you add in the acorns and mini pumpkins, you should try to add it to spots where you might still see a little foam. That was the strategy I used and it worked perfectly for me.
Here is the finished product:
Leave a Reply